Thierry Mugler for Sasha Fierce

12/03/2008 09:09:00 AM Posted by Christina

Well, WWD confirms Thierry Mugler as the premier designer for Beyonce's upcoming tour for her new album, I Am...Sasha Fierce, which will launch in Canada in early spring.

I love the album, and I can't wait to see her perform, but I can't say I am a huge fan of Thierry. While said designer will add fierceness to the super star's already ardent alter ego, I am hoping the designs for the costumes won't be as predictable as the pieces she has been wearing in the promo pics. They all have the same concept, although I can't get enough of the photo to the left. And, it would be perfect for her motorcycle bit (if you have been to a previous concert of hers, you will know what I'm referring to.)

Mugler will have his hands on more than the threads during the Sasha Fierce tour. In addition to costume designing, he will serve as creative adviser, including set lighting and choreography, and will direct three segments of the show. Beyonce will be seen in 58 Mugler pieces--the team will be dressed in the designer's creations as well (the backup singers, dancers and band.)

Beyonce chose Thierry Mugler for the show after viewing his superhero exhibit at the Costume Institute back in May. This should be an interesting show. I am sure I will be more engulfed in the tunes than the costumes. I don't recall ever admiring Beyonce's style, although she is untouchable as a performer. Nonetheless, I will keep my fingers crossed on costume originality.

0 glam rants:

About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” -Coco Chanel //Versatility equates fashion and style with knowledge about how to embrace a trend and make it your own. Purple Glamour offers advice on how to develop one's personal style through what to wear from a shopping day to a night out on the town, current trends, frequent fashion news updates and the best of street style.