Vera Wang for David's Bridal

5/07/2010 10:36:00 AM Posted by Christina

Pleas excuse me--I'm still coming off my wedding high (hubby and I just got our full-length wedding dvd back and watched it twice last night!) David's Bridal has not been on the top of the list of wedding dress retailers lately. I know when I was shopping for a dress, that was the last place on my mind. However, next year, Vera Wang, the premier wedding dress designer, is partnering with David's Bridal to create a bridal dress line. The collection will be comprised of dresses ranging from $600-$1500. Although I am normally a little skeptical about collaborations between top designers and mainstream retailers (ie. Designer Collaborations for Target) I think this one will pan out great. I can't wait to see the collection, which will soon thereafter produce bridesmaid and children's wedding attire line.

I think it is a great idea for both parties--David's Bridal can possibly change the minds and hearts of brides to be, and Vera Wang can reach out to a new demographic who may not have been able to afford an original designer gown. It's brilliant.


Have you checked out Trend Alert yet? : )

0 glam rants:

About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” -Coco Chanel //Versatility equates fashion and style with knowledge about how to embrace a trend and make it your own. Purple Glamour offers advice on how to develop one's personal style through what to wear from a shopping day to a night out on the town, current trends, frequent fashion news updates and the best of street style.