Christina's Fashion Week Wish List

8/27/2009 11:04:00 AM Posted by Christina

Hey! So, I am super excited about my trip to NY next month for Fashion Week! This will be the first time I will be there during the event, so I can't wait to be in the mix.

Other than booking my travel time, knowing what to pack is the most challenging. Since I lived in NY for a short period of time, I know what I will need to bring.

So I have compiled a list of ideas of what I plan to wear. Your feedback and suggestions are welcomed!

Topshop at ShopStyle

Style Tips:
1. Since I will be trotting the streets of NYC, I must have comfortable shoes. Since, I live in heels, wedges or a thick heel are perfect for balance and comfort. Lace-up booties are all the rage and of the moment this season!
2. I am not a huge accessories fan--the right bracelet or arm candy is just enough to make even the simplest outfit pop. So, I will need some statement, edgy bracelets in bright colors and metallic accents. I have been craving a neon watch for ages!
3. Flats are inevitable. Especially since I will be traveling, I still want to be comfortably chic. Gladiator flats are here to stay, and animal prints are back with a vengence.
4. You can never go wrong with black. A little black dress in an asymmetric shape or at a thigh-grazing length will show off my peep-toe booties and edgy accessories! A plan to wear my leather pencil skirt to an event too : )
5. Although I thought leggings were played out, I was so wrong. They are one of the strongest recurring trends, and are reinvented in tribal prints and slashed textures.
6. The spring shows were bombarded with cropped tops. They are perfect with high-waisted bottoms and glam'd up with androgynous accessories.
7. Denim is taking the fashion world by storm. A denim vest and white ripped skinnies is the perfect combination!

0 glam rants:

About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” -Coco Chanel //Versatility equates fashion and style with knowledge about how to embrace a trend and make it your own. Purple Glamour offers advice on how to develop one's personal style through what to wear from a shopping day to a night out on the town, current trends, frequent fashion news updates and the best of street style.