Style Chat: Raïssa Ornella

7/27/2009 09:43:00 PM Posted by Christina

So, I told you a while back how much I adore Parisian style.

Well, I had a chat with a fellow fashion blogger, Raïssa...


She's a 19-year-old glamour girl with incredibly unique style and lots of personality!

Check out what she had to say about her favorite shopping spots, her style muses and her idol, Grace Jones, the epitome of glamour and extravangance...


PG: What do you do to keep busy?

Raïssa: I'm a former student in Accounting but now i'm in a Bussiness School. I'm also a Fashion Editor for a webzine called FASHIZBLACK.COM which talks about African fashion and beauty.

PG: How would you describe your style?

Raïssa: I have no style in particular. I don't assume still completely my femininity, but my style still has a mix of femininity-- I'm in love with skirts and high heels! I'm addicted to high heels! I also love to be comfy because I often wear sneakers. I love 80's bright colours, carrot pants, and playsuits.

PG: Who/What are your biggest stlye inspirations?

Raïssa: Miroslava Duma, Genevieve Jones, Anna Della Russo, and Grace Jones are my muses.

PG: In perfect world, you would be....

Raïssa: In a perfect world, i would be Grace Jones! Grace Jones is my idol! She is a strong and indepedent woman. She has an incredible style and assume in spite of criticisms.

PG: Where are your favorite places to shop?

Raïssa: TopShop! I had a dream I lived in a TopShop store and I tried on every thing! I'm a huge fan of TopShop! I also shop at Zara and Asos.

PG: Favorite Quote?

Raïssa: My favourite quote is an extract of Maya Angelou's poem:

" I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me "


It's all about Self-Confidence!

Check out Raïssa's fashion blog fauverose.blogspot.com and the webzine she writes for, Fashizblack.com. Don't forget to show her some love! : )



Thanks, Raïssa!

0 glam rants:

About Me

My photo
Florida, United States
“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” -Coco Chanel //Versatility equates fashion and style with knowledge about how to embrace a trend and make it your own. Purple Glamour offers advice on how to develop one's personal style through what to wear from a shopping day to a night out on the town, current trends, frequent fashion news updates and the best of street style.